Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 7

Today is the last day of my 3 day tour to the Highlands.

We left the hostel as usual at 830am and travel south towards Edinbugh.

We made our first stop at the Commando Memorial where we get a very clear view of Ben Nevisn the highest mountain in Scotland. Then we had a toilet break at Fort William, the town just below Ben Nevis. After the break, we travel to Interlochy Castle.

We had a few other stops along the way including a lunch stop.

Final stop before we arrived in Edinburgh was Stirling. We stopped at the William Wallace Memorial which was on a hill top. I must applaud myself for having being able to climb up the hill which will usually be very tough for me. It was very windy up there and we were able to see the Stirling Castle from afar.

After that, we made our way south to Edinburgh arriving there at 5pm, half an hour before the expected time.

I checked into my hostel which is just next to Haggis Adventures and after dropping my bag, I quickly left the hostel to check on a shop before they closed. Then I headed to the Royal Mile to catch a glimpse of the torch light possession which started at St' Giles Cathedral and ends at Carlton Hill. Once the possession started, I headed to North Bridge for a good view of the fireworks at Carlton Hill. The fireworks were spectacular and I was able to capture them on video.

When the fireworks ended, I went back to my hostel and had an eary night.

No comments:

Post a Comment