Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 10

Woke up very early today as I have to catch a train to Manchester. Train rides are really a better idea than bus rides. Faster, cleaner, easy access to toilets. Only problem is finding the right train on the right platform but that itself is also an adventure.

Arrived in Manchester at 11 plus in the morning after sneaking into an earlier train. The bus conductor was the one who said I could.

Reached the hostel before 12pm but was allowed to check-in even though the check-in time is 3pm. The all girls room was such a mess and the occupants were all sleeping even though it was already 12pm. I took my stuff and went strolling around town. Found Rosso - Rio Ferdinand's restaurant but it was closed today. Maybe I could check it out again tomorrow to see if I can see any footballers hehe.

Came back to the hostel again around 4pm and just find the thoughts of staying in the room depressing so I went downstairs to request for another room. The rest were shared room but I was able to get a dorm which is not occupied. When I went back to the room, the gals were still in bed, you can imagine that they are party animals and will probably head out at night and make lots of noises. To switch room is a good idea.

Took a shower and went to make dinner even tho I had a late lunch today. Will try to sleep early again tonight so I can wake up early tomorrow and head to Old Trafford. Lots of shopping to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment