Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 15

Heavy snow today resulted in many train delays. Even football matches were postponed due to frozen pitches.

By now my shoulders were hurting so much from carrying all my heavy stuff that I need a massage badly

Delay for the train was abt 15mins and thus I missed the train connection to Cornwall but the Train Manager walked through the train and told us they will make alternative plan, which they did. We went further for 2 more stops and then alight at Truro. 3 of us heading to Newquay were put in a cab and driven to Newquay. Yippee free of charge and warm to boot. Very nice of the train company.

Newquay is so sunny, no snow but very very strong winds because it is next to the sea. Very small town, will check out other beaches further north tomorrow.

I am staying in this surf shack which is nice. Very clean and I have the whole room to myself and it is ensuite. But it is not a hostel so no kitchen, no lounge but then again I have my own tv and cd player in the room haha. Wonderful.

Though you are not allowed to eat in the room, I actually went out to buy some Chinese takeout and even ate it on the bed while watching tv...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment