Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 1 and 2

Again this time I write my daily journals on my blackberry and thus should be quite fast in copying and pasting them.

The first 2 days of the trip is really tedious. As I write this entry I think I may come down with heat stroke. That's right heat stroke in winter.

Let's start from Day 1. I departed at 9 pm from Singapore to London via Bangkok. First leg of the trip was ok but 2nd leg was horrendous. The flight time was long but yet it was hard to sleep with a crying infant in the row before mine.

Upon arrival in Heathrow, I took the underground to the city and deposit my backpack at the hostel. After that off I go check out the Victoria Coach Station where I will be taking the coach to Ednburgh the same night. Having familiarize myself the route already, I started on my sightseeing. Took the underground to Fulham Broadway and check out Stamford Bridge, home to the Chelsea Football Club, all I did there were snap some photos since I am not a fan of theirs. Then I took the underground to Arsenal to of cos see the Emirates Stadium.

After that, I tool the Docklands Light Rail to get to the Maritime Museum together with the Royal Observatory where I get to see the Greenwich Meridian line.

Then it started drizzling so instead of checking out the Chinatown, I detoured to Marble Arch to get some leggings at Marks & Spencer instead. Though I was keen to view the night view of Parliament, eventually the long walk was not worth it. Thus even though it was only about 530pm, I decided to get back to the hostel to rest my weary legs. Although I wasn't staying there, I managed to shower and sit down for a light dinner and coffee. As it was still early I had time to kill, I even took an one hour nap on the sofa in the lounge.

That done, with a quick visit to the toilet, I left the hostel for Victoria Coach Station.

The bus was quite cramped and the toilet wasn't working so we ended up with a few toilet breaks which was good as I get to stretch my legs.

Eventually when we reached Newcastle, the bus broke down and we had to wait for a replacement bus to come along.

After so many dramas we are finally on our way and after many hours of being in the bus, it started to get stuffy and I am sweating. Fortunately the aircon came on just as I was about to suffocate. We managed to drive into Edinburgh now and hopefully the hostel can allow me to check in so I can shower and cook my lunch.

Will keep you guys posted on what I did later when I get settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment