Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 11

Had the whole room to myself last night but was awaken at 530am in the morning by loud music next door, followed by pounding at the door and shouting. Arrrrgggghhhh.

Took another nap and woke up at 730am so I can get ready to visit Old Trafford.

Went to the tram station at Mosley street to catch the tram, did not pay for it and had to look out for tram conductors haha. Reached Old Trafford but lost my way abit until I asked for direction from someone. Found the stadium after a short walk and quickly snapped some photos outside the stadium. The moment the Mega Store opened at 930am, I rushed in and asked where I can get the ticket for the Stadiyum and Museum tour. Was redirected and quickly proceeded to get my ticket. However insted of joining the tour group I was on, I joined the one later and ended up with a group 25 strong. The tour guide was fabulous, very funny and very informative although he also have his poker face on.

Tour took about an hour and after that we ended at the Mega store again but I went back to the Museum and spent some time there. By the time I left the stadium, it was already 1230pm and I walked over to Salford Quays. Saw an outlet mall there and ended up shopping there. Bought some stuff from Marks & Spencer.

Took the tram back to town, again skipping the fare again hehe. Rushed to the Nike shop as I saw some Man Utd mechandise on sale yesterday. The prices were cheaper there versus at the Mega store so I bought quite a fair bit of stuff. Ended up getting some t-shirts at Primark as well.

Walked to Rosso to see if I can see any footballers but to no avail. Went back to the hostel and did some packing. Had a hard time stuffing everything in so guess I will have to buy a bag when I reach London since I have more stuff to buy there.

Watched some tv and headed to bed. Woke up at 2am or so and read for a while before I went back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment