Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 6

This morning the entire town where we stayed went out of power but the good news was we were already on the way out. The temperature was minus 7 degrees but it wasn't exactly very cold.

Today is the day we go visit the Isle of Skye, one of the places in Scotland that I really want to see.

The day started very fine but right after we have lunch in Portree, the biggest town on Skye, it started to snow and the rain.

We stopped at 2 spots - Kilt Rock (a place of myth) and Leaith (location where you can see the dynamites remains), both of which were very very cold.

Soon we had to leave Skye as the sky grow really dark. We got to the hostel at 6pm and rested awhile before heading to a nearby pub for dinner. Since the gals in my group praised the food there so much, I just had to try it myself tonight.

After dinner, the gals left to watch a show while I head back to the hostel to pack my bag as we are departing tomorrow for Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment