Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 5

Woke up early today as o had to leave on my 3 days Skye tour and also need to do my check-out.

Walked to Haggis Adventures tour agency where my tour departs. It was kinda cool and we were split into different buses due to thje big group and my coach only has 10 pax.

The tour guide has a very strong Scottish accent so much so I can't catch his name.

It started snowing as we departs and the road was kind of treacherous with most vehicles taking their own sweet time. The surroundings trees and houses were shrouded in snow and truth to be told, it is beautiful.

After a toilet break and a lunch break, we headed straight towards Inverness. We stopped at Culloden Battlefields where the battle between the jacobites and the red coats - the British. Then we went to Loch Ness and try to spot Nessie.

After which we head down to Fort Augusta where we are staying for the 2 nights during our tour.

Stayed in to cook my dinner rather than go for dinner at the pub as I already had pub food as lunch today. The hostel we are staying in is quite good, it's 2 to the room and the window in the room looks out to the courtyard filled with snow. There's no wall heater in the room but it has floor heating, yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment