Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 3

Today's Christmas, cold but not snowing. Pity there's no White Christmas.

Anyway as most shops are closed today I decided to catch up on my sleep. Yesterday night I attended the Christmas eve service at St Giles Church on High Street, it started at 1130pm and ended about 1230am. It was a good service with a very old church atmosphere.

So after my return, I had a chat with my room mate (yes, someone checked in while I was napping) until about 2am before I went to bed so I onlu woke up about 9am but didn't get out of bed until near 10am where I went to have breakfast and went for a stroll. I went up the Edinburgh Castle then down Princes Street and the up Carlton Hill wher Nelson Monument is and managed to catch a glimpse of Arthur's Seat which is where the old volcano was. Due to the good weather I was also able to catch a view of the surrounding Fife.

That done, I walked back to the hostel and made my lunch. I stank of greasy food I think. I may just go for another round perhaps visit some tourisy shops that are open just to kill time and whille it is still bright.

Went up to the Castle again so I can see the light up when it gets dark. In the end I came back to the hostel again at 5pm. Somehow time pass by quite fast. Took a shower upon my return and now sitting in the Chill Room watching tv. Probably will head down to cook my dinner later before having an early night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment