Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 2

It's another post but it is still Day 2. Finally after 2 days of sleeping in the plane and bus, I got 2 sleep in a bed tonight.

I booked for a quad female sharing room but since this I checked in, no one else has joined me so I have the whole room to myself. Hopefully it stays that way so I can use 4 pillows and 4 quilts if I want haha.

After I checked in I had a shower before heading out. Frankly I never realized that Edinburgh has so many slopes, just like SF. With the snow, it was quite scary and dangerous going downhill. Anyway 1st stop after leaving the hostel is to walk to the main road to catch a bus to the Ocean Terminal to see the Britannia, which is the boat used by Queen Elizabeth and now park at the Ocean Terminal after it was decommissioned. Ended up shopping for some grocery at M&S. Many stuff were on further reduction during to the shops being closed for Christmas.

After leaving the Terminal, I took a bus to Holyrood Park which is next to the Palace of Holyrood. Some history.

From Holyrood, I took a bus out and change to another bus which takes me to Princes Street where there was a funfair going on, featuring Scottish and German goodies. I ended up trying a Whisky Lemonade which was ok, not very alcoholic. Then I couldn't resist trying some Haggis which were placed in a row. The taste was acceptable, not much different from eating pig liver.

After eating all those, I still couldn't resisting eating some chips. It just made me so full that I will probably skip dinner.

Took a bus from Princes Street back to the main street near my hostel and walk back in. The path was quite isolated so I will probably not want to walk back from there again after dark and mind you, it was only about 6pm but fully dark.

Anyway upon coming back. I stored my grocery away and checked with the counter guy if he knows whether there are any church services around our hostel and yes there are, held at St Giles at 1130pm. So now will be a good time for me to take a nap and rest my tired shoulders and knee first before going for a workout again.

No comments:

Post a Comment