Monday, January 26, 2009

November 07 : Ho Chi Minh & Bangkok


Just came back from 4 days of business travel to Ho Chi Minh and Bangkok. It was my first time ever in Vietnam but I don't have much time to wonder around and we have so many late nites almost everyday or busy at the airport catching our flights.

Anyway Ho Chi Minh has a very new airport BUT not alot of shops within the airport itself...

In HCM, we are not sure what the big event was but all the hotels were fully booked so we couldn't get our preferred hotel and ended up in a probably 3-4 star hotel which is probably better than what I would probably get for some tours and anyway we reached the hotel so late it really doesn't matter to me.

Food was fantastic cos I love Vietnamese food (ok, seems like not much food I don't like anyway) and the workshop we were conducting went well and I managed to spend a lot of time with my colleague in HCM.

The 2nd leg of our trip was to Bangkok. We arrived there super duper late from HCM, almost midnite when we reached our hotel but the hotel was good, near the BTS but not that I used it but I will consider it for my next trip to Bangkok in December. The hotel buffet was good (Err international spread but very large spread)...I managed to sneak in a 3 hours massage on my 2nd day in Bangkok too. Will again post some pictures when I can later. BTW the new airport departure hall has lots of shops but very high end shops and I don't think the structure was good, from the customs to my gate I have to walk in a zig zag manner...and some parts of the arrival hall looks undone..but the artworks inside the airport is good, very buddhist like structure, paintings etc. My colleague really enjoy them.

Much as I preferred to travel alone, this time I had to travel with 2 of my colleagues both of whom are male but fortunately very gentleman like and look out for me as well. And because my boss wanted to come back to spend time with his family we really have a very tight schedule, I left Changi Airport only about 1215 am and the next day was back at work and it was a long day too because we have a department dinner and later we even went k-ok so I was in great need for sleep.

Next month I will probably need to take 2-3 trips but with me having to clear my leave and alot of public holidays coming up I am not sure if I can schedule them but I hope I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment