Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 07 : Travel List


Just realized that I still hasn't gone to the places I wanted to go but from the list I want to bring my parents, we went to Honolulu, Hawaii and Las Vegas in Nov 08.
..................................................................................................
Moving forward to 2007, where will be some of the places that I will want to go?

- Maldives (ok, I know I said this for years already but has not happened but I promised by hook or by crook, I will get there....and to those who said best to go there for honeymoon, I just want to say, says who????? as long as you can handle the lovey dovey couples around you, it is not a problem, you get the most peace from such places cos no one will come and disturb you)
- Greece (another die-for place....especially watching sun-set at Oia in Santorini, visit Mykonos, see the ruins in Crete, enjoy the beaches of Corfu and so much more in Athens itself)
- Alaska (It is a winter wonderland, need I say more?)
- Mexico (Not only the city but the beaches in Acupulco, Cancun and many more)
- Brazil (Rio De Janeiro, oh yeah baby)
- Florida (Disney World, yippee...Miami, Key West, Daytona Beach, Everglades, Kennedy Space Centre and also the doorway to the Bahamas & Carribean [altho I have frens who have been there and said Bahamas is so-so only)
- Russia (Architecture beauty and pick-pockets aplenty haha)
- Japan (Especially the off-beaten tracks, should be beautiful...if not, Tokyo and Hokkaido will suffice)
- Mongolia (To get a taste of nomad's life)
- South Africa (To experience real safari)
- Egypt (To see the pyramids of cos)

Ok I know this is being a bit ambitious because I am never going to have time to visit all in 2007, maybe this lifetime more like it.

Places that I will like to bring my parents to...besides Greece and Alaska...
- Hawaii (need I say more? It is a place my dad will like to go, particularly after seeing how nice the Helekulani is but hey, that will burn a hole in my already torn pocket haha)
- Las Vegas (I know, I have been there but Vegas is pretty happening, don't mind going again and once again it is a place my dad will like to go and guess while there, wouldn't mind going to the Grand Canyon, laugh all you can, I have been to the West Coast 3 times but never even venture to Grand Canyon once)
- Canadian Rockies (Been there but it is pretty nice and L's parents have been there too on a more luxury tour and said it is quite worth it...if I attend K's wedding in July in Vancouver, perhaps I can bring them there)

And a count of the places I have been :
- Bangkok, Thailand...4 times to boot haha
- Phuket and Phi-Phi, Thailand
- Pattaya, Thailand
- Bali, Indonesia
- Bintan, Indonesia
- Batam, Indonesia
(at this point just realised, how come Thailand's beach town all start with P and all Indonesian islands I have been to start with B, coincidental?)
- Various places in Malaysia...lost count
- Suzhou, China
- Beijing, China...4 times I believe
- Hangzhou, China
- Shanghai, China...lost count
- Guangzhou, China
- Chengdu, China
- Jiuzhaigou, China
- Tibet, China
- Taiwan, ROC
- Silk Road, Pakistan
- Kathmandu & Pokhara, Nepal
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Various parts of Turkey, Turkey
- Melbourne, Australia
- Perth, Australia (2 years)
- Sydney, Australia (twice)
- Brisbane, Australia
- Gold Coast, Australia
- North Island, New Zealand
- South Island, New Zealand
- Some parts of South Korea
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Brussel, Belgium
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Paris, France
- London, UK
- Madrid, Spain
- Barcelona, Spain
- Florence, Italy
- Venice, Italy
- Rome, Italy
- Siena, Italy (I must add, Italy is a beautiful country, lots of places to explore, alot more for me to find out about this beautific country)
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Interlaken, Switzerland (Freshest air, snow capped mountains...it is beyond beautiful)
- Bern, Switzerland
- Lausanne, Switzerland (Switzerland has such a diversify and efficient train network that you can travel to many cities in a day, however it will just be touch and go, it is a nice and clean country to be, otherwise why would Singapore wants to model itself after her?)
- Vienna, Austria
- Prague, Czech Republic (Historic and the architecture is wonderful)
- San Francisco, California, USA (twice)
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- New York (Manhattan, Corning, Buffalo, Queens) New York, USA
- Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Philadelphia & Hershey, Pennslyvania, USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Toronto & Ottwa, Ontario, Canada
- Montreal & Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (twice)

Although I have been to many places and alot more to go, at least I know I have not live the life of a sua-ku haha

No comments:

Post a Comment