Monday, January 26, 2009

March 08 : A380 & Sydney


This entry is about the new A380 which I had the pleasure of taking to Sydney just last week. And to be honest, it is really nothing that fantastic. I was expecting it to be huge but somehow it didn't look that big and when you are on-board, you do notice that the length of the plane was long that's all. I was in economy (what's new?) and they have 3 cabins of economy in the lower deck and 1 on the upper deck..yes as one of my fren asked me, you are allowed to go up the upper deck as and when you like...there is a stairway at the back of the plane.

The seat was supposingly bigger but somehow I don't feel it...maybe becos my butt got bigger? But I like the tv screen which is bigger and the remote is in front of you instead of next to your arm rest on the other planes such that when you sit down, you almost always accidentally press the buttons...however the downside is the tv menu is abit retard according to my standard...slow and not very responsive...

Flight was as usual not that long that u can have a sleep and the girl next to me was talking non-stop to the girl on her other side...she only shut-up when she decided to go to sleep which by then, was not so long from the time when they served breakfast..and the breakfast sucks...just a muffin...gosh....

Haven't been to Sydney for 4 years and it was a good return trip...took the opportunity to go Blue Mountains and jez, didn't realise had to hike so much....went up and down the mountains 2.5 times so much so that my calf muscles actually ached for 4 days....thought it was one of those tours that you go to a scenic point, snap a photo or two and leave but NOOOOO..this was so not the tour that I went to...but it was well worth the price and no regrets....

No comments:

Post a Comment