Sunday, January 25, 2009

July 06 : Sausilito & Muir Woods


Want to know why I have no energy to write yesterday? We went to Sausilito, another coastal town, beautiful...it is definitely a place you can spend a slow afternoon in, driving coffee at a cafe...however the bad news was many attractions are closed on Mondays including the visitor centre...from there we drove up to Muir Woods...a redwood forest...so crowded but we took a hike, totally unprepared, me in my sandals and E in his walking boots, well yeah at least he was in a better status than me...we took at 2.8 km hike up to the top where you can see the whole forest and then took another probably 3 km down which took us some 3.5 hours to complete...it was very rewarding...after that we ate prime ribs without guilt...and my appetite was great...

And for the first time, I slept like 1 plus in the morning instead of 3 am...unfortunately it must be some good day in Singapore because I received 2 smses and 2 phone calls in the middle of the night...anyway because of that I slept in late and woke up like 9.30 am today....grab a bagel breakfast and went shopping, where else on the 4th July - Independence Day.....poor E, has to follow me around and guess what? All in all, I was at the shops for 5 hours and yeah I definitely bought back some good buys....I do indeed need a larger luggage..remind me...

Had a huge dinner tonight and after that we stopped by a grocery shop so that I can buy some snacks for my Rockies trip..something to munch on the bus....or call me itchy mouth...after that we returned to the house so that I can pack my luggage, did it in super quick timing and even managed to sew one of the button on one of my bermudas...then we rush off to the Fisherman's Wharf to catch the fireworks..of course....roads were so crowded with cars and people and not easy to find a parking lot....but we could see the fireworks from afar and as we go closer the fireworks died down and soon there were none but we could see some coming from Oakland and in fact on the drive back, we could see some in some neighbourhoods and even now as I am typing, I can hear some around the house...gotta wake up real early tomorrow...5 something to catch a 7 plus flight to Vancouver...hopefully K got my reminder to pick me up from the airport....and I am not sure how soon I can get online again as I will be on the road soon...

So see you when I see you

No comments:

Post a Comment