Monday, January 26, 2009

January 08 : Manila


Just returned today after close to a week in Manila...though this was unlike those touch and go trips that I made the last few months, I think I m more tired after this trip

The only luxury I got was on the first day whereby I can wake up at 630 because the office I was going to was in town. However, due to the heavy traffic, we only reach the ofc in 830

To be honest, though the Thai traffic is infamous, nothing beats Manila traffic....you can be caught in a jam and a journey that probably take 45 mins or less will take 2 hours or more during peak period. If you are headed to Manila, just remember to lay off the water consumption because there is no toilet breaks

Anyway despite waking up at 630, my first night ended only around 1030 pm...and when I got back to my room, I was surfing the internet and such...maybe free internet is not such a good idea after all...on top of that I get 3 pieces of laundry free a day which is fantastic...turned out I didn't have to iron my own clothes after all

2nd day, I had to wake up earlier at 6 am in order to be ready to be at office by 8 am...anyway some participants were coming from a mfrg plant which is 40km away and they were late anyway...due to dinners every night, you never get to go back to hotel early...urrghhh

3rd day, woke up at 5 am so we can leave for the 40 km away mfrg plant...we left about 650 am (later than planned) and reached the plant at exactly 830 am...that's the traffic for you...already considered lucky that we don't have to take 2 hours...day didn't end late becos all of us decided not to be invited to dinner by the MD and most of them wanted to go shopping instead and again traffic was so bad that though we left before 6 pm, we arrived only at the shopping mall around 725 pm and guess what? the shops at this mall closed at 8 pm.

And you would have though that's the end of the misery but today, I woke up at 430 am becos we need to leave for the airport at 530 am though our flight was at 820 am...thankfully managed to get permission not to go back to the office so went straight home, ran to Tampines to run some errands then come back home to zzzz...slept non-stop for 3 hours...but still very tired and I bet I will need to zzz early tonight...

P.S I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental which was in the Makati area and because the rooms given are from 4th to 6th floor, you can imagine how noisy it is...the hotel itself isn't very new..you can see that from the bathroom fixtures and all...but service wise nothing to complain about...I even managed to get breakfast in the room on my last day because I have to leave before breakfast is served in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment