Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friday, 2nd September

Today is the day I planned to go Devonport but can’t go until I did my internet check-in close to 1pm so decided to head down to the pharmacy at Britomart to get some items for a friend, had lunch there before coming back to the apartment to do my internet check-in.

Once done, I quickly left for the Ferry Terminal, made it in the nick of time but because ferry was late, was considered early. Ferry to Devonport takes only 10 minutes. I thought it was a English looking town but quaint as it might be, it appears too small and I don’t feel I am in UK.

Took a walk up Mount Victoria, after much huffing and puffing I finally reached the top. Although I don’t enjoy the climb up but I must say the view of Auckland from the top is actually quite nice. Walked back to town wanting to check out Devonport Chocolate shop but didn’t realize it was so tiny. There was barely space for more than 10 customers, pathetic.

Anyway left there and headed back to the ferry to catch the ferry back. Was planning to stay longer but felt already seen everything I saw so back to Auckland it is.

Upon arrival in Auckland, I walked to the supermarket to once again get more items for a friend and then decided to head to Sky City but they wanted me to deposit my backpack this time so I decided not to waste my time.

Took a leisure stroll back to the apartment where I got ample time to cook and watch tv and pack. Went to bed around 1130 pm as I had to wake up at 6 am tomorrow to do my laundry one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment