Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 4 : Kalbarri & Monkey Mia

We had to depart at 715 am today but due to the cold weather most of us prefer to laze in bed. However as I did not get to shower the night before, I had to drag myself to the bathroom.

After the breakfast we went on the way south towards the Hutt Province which is declared as a country on its own and has their own sovereign. Prince Leonard 1 seems a bit of a eccentric and egoistic. There was a chapel in the compound with paintings of Jesus and His followers whom he proclaimed was his sons who lived in houses aroung the compound, pure weird. The only upside is probably getting an additional stamp on my passport that's all.

The whole place looks so deserted even though the no. of residents listed was ~ 20 but the only people we saw around was the Prince himself and his wife who is known as the Princess. Some of us can't wait to get out of his 'country'.

We then headed to Greenough Wildlife Park past Geraldton. We then had lunch there before heading south towards Perth.

Stopped at a bakery for a cup of coffee and get a chocolate eclair at the same time, it was delicious. After another toilet break we drove all the way to Perth.

We reached Perth city about 630pm and that marked the end of my North tour or should I say all my paid tours in Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment